COUNTDOWN TO THE 2021
FUTURE AGRO CHALLENGE
South Africa Competition
FoodMakers Africa is an AgriFood network that leverages the tech and innovation ecosystem to advance small-scale AgriFood producers in Africa.
Our vision is to build the largest innovation network and resource base for AgriFood entrepreneurs in Africa, to unlock the potential that AgriFood has to power our developmental aspirations in line with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
We partner with Agripreneurs to build and scale their businesses by providing access to resources, mentors, events, investors, and a holistic environment conducive to propel the success of AgriFood businesses.
WHO SHOULD JOIN?
AgriTech and FoodTech startups that advance small-scale producers by improving critical parameters like quality, productivity, access to funding and access to markets.
Fast Moving Consumer Goods in the AgriFood category, which have strong provenance and global appeal such as indigenous products, superfoods, nutraceuticals, innovative formulations, beverages, etc.
Often, the technology that improves crucial parameters (quality, productivity, access to funding and access to markets) for small-scale producers, is inaccessible in it's traditional format. We would like to connect with innovations that make this technology accessible on a small scale.
Small-scale intensive farmers who use innovation and technology to improve their crucial parameters, and to better steward the environment.
Vertically integrated AgriFood businesses that are designed to be inclusive of small scale producers either downstream as with small-scale outgrower farmers.
- We believe that Agriculture is the biggest opportunity we have in Africa to enable people to lift themselves out of poverty, create prosperity and build multigenerational wealth
- We appreciate that small-scale producers play a critical role in achieving global food security as they produce up to 80% of all the food consumed in Africa (FAO – Family Farming).
- We recognise that small-scale producers are stewards of increasingly scarce natural resources and on the frontline of dealing with the devastating impacts of climate change
- We understand that commercial models that are inclusive by design and globally competitive are the best strategy for effecting sustainable development in agriculture
- We know that a holistic, ecosystem approach with deep collaborations and partnerships will yield the necessary transformation across AgriFood value chains on the continent
ARE YOU AN AGRIPRENEUR?
Join the AgFoodNXT Open Community
We believe that remarkable solutions are created when great entrepreneurs, with shared purpose, take action together.
Our purpose? To leverage technology and innovation to advance small-scale AgriFood producers in Africa.
You will have access to tools and resources to build and scale your business, and be part of a network with experts, investors/funders and peers.